Free Conference Call - What you need to know about the new AODA Requirements:
CME/EAC has put together a complimentary information conference call for CME/EAC members only on the recent legislative changes to the AODA.
Please join us on May 30, 2014 from 9am to 10am for an informative look at these new requirements. The event is a complimentary event for CME/EAC members.
To register for your complimentary spot, please click here:
Registered attendees will be sent a confirmation with the call information prior to the event.
More on the session:
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005
Where Have We Been and Where Are We Going?
The goal of the AODA is to make Ontario accessible to persons with disabilities by the year 2025. Significant responsibility for achieving this goal has been placed on organizations operating in Ontario’s private sector. This session reviews what we have learned through the process of complying with the first set of accessibility standards – the Customer Service Standards – and helps CME members prepare for what’s coming next.
Overview of the AODA
• The purpose and structure of the AODA
• Application to multi-jurisdictional organizations
• Consequences of non-compliance
Experience Under the Customer Service Standards
• Compliance and reporting requirements
• Enforcement initiatives
• Frequently asked questions – answered!
What to Expect Under the Integrated Accessibility Standards
• What CME members need to do to comply by December 31, 2014 and January 1, 2015
• Future compliance deadlines
• Cost effective ways to comply
Location: Conference Call
Time: 9am to 10am